About Impact Labs: FIS's in-house venture builder
Our team's vision is to make FIS the industry-leading provider of platforms and services for companies to build and run financial applications. To help realize this vision, FIS has created a centralized innovation & incubation team called FIS Impact Labs.
The Impact Labs team will transform new product and business concepts into sustainable, organic growth opportunities while building a strong culture of intrapreneurship across FIS. Operating within a product innovation framework, the team vets, tests, and incubates new ventures for successful commercial integration.
This team is where ideas are hatched and next-generation fintech becomes reality. The products delivered by the Impact Labs team will impact the FIS product suite and drive significant value back to the business. Most importantly, your work will shape the future financial services landscape.
Our team is made up of builders, and you should be no exception!
- Plan and facilitate cross-functional workshops to promote a human-centric approach to innovation
- Uncover real customer needs, pain-points and highlights through qualitative and quantitative measures in both B2B & B2C contexts
- Plan and conduct generative research with customers and subject-matter experts
- Synthesize research findings into artifacts (e.g. experience maps, personas, system maps, etc.) to support a cross-functional design process
- Translate customer needs into outstanding concepts, desirable solutions, and real business needs
- Collaborate closely with UX/UI designers, technologists, researchers, and product managers to translate customer needs & Jobs-To-Be-Done into desirable solutions
- Lead, foster and inspire a customer-centric, agile, and innovative culture at FIS by evangelizing Design Thinking, Corporate Innovation, and User Research
- Leverage and contribute to Impact Lab’s Design Thinking practices & tools
- Be the customer’s biggest advocate by promoting a human-centric approach to innovation within cross-functional teams
- Act as an ambassador for Human-Centered Design, help plan and present at company and community events, workshops, and conferences to encourage a customer-centric culture of innovation
- Stay up-to-date on the latest trends in innovation and its methodologies to continuously influence the team’s approach to disruptive growth
- Act as a thought partner as we seek to build and refine our venture creation processes
- Travel up to 10% of the time (when deemed appropriate and safe to do so)
Ownership of your role and responsibilities, impact on influencing an innovative culture
A high-visibility, high-impact role
The opportunity to create ideas for some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology and work closely with teams that will bring these ideas to life
A work environment built on trust, accountability, collaboration, curiosity, fearlessness, kindness and respect